Saturday, July 7, 2012

Vincentown NJ, Sprint Tri - 07/07/2012

Vincentown Sprint Tri - Race Recap:
It was a good race overall. The swim you all saw the pic, it was very calm water until 50 people of my wave (1st of 3) started to swim. It was good to experience a start like that (can't imagine an IM start but I get the hint) had a few people going over me, a few elbows and my feet pulled. It started to panic me a little but I calmed down and got a good rhythm once the rush went through, then it all got better. Transition was good as well, bike didn't get lost like on Caveman, so I was out fast, on the bike I pushed hard, 20.1 mph avg vs. 17.7 mph from Caveman. Came back to transition, was out fast as well, at the beginning of the run I was going fast at it but paced my self to a 9'/mi pace and was able to keep a 9.24'/mi avg, a few areas I sprinted a little but it was hot and humid during the run, it was 90+ by the time we came back from the bike. Total time 1:24:14, 5th in my AG and 70 overall.


The fresh water lake as announced on the website, it wasn't that bad after all

No comments :

Post a Comment