Sunday, November 18, 2012

A week to get back into it... and time to give thanks!!!

As y'all saw from last week's post, we were not really getting into the swing of training or at least the maintenance training that coach M had us on.

In the last 3 weeks work has just gone insanely busy for the two of us. Me, just busy I think it caught up to me, and for Res it is more on her transition to the new job for the 1st of the year, so tons of things to leave ready before vacation.

On the good news side, Res got cleared from the Dr. as she didn't have a stress fracture. That is really good news and her foot started to show signs of improvement, as in no pain improvement. She is good to start running again, of course taking it slow. For me, last week traveling, working late wasn't a good sign of getting a few miles as instructed by the schedule, it was more of a week of not really doing much, except Thursday when I put in a 40 minute run, 4 miles. The results showed a good workout, not fast but at least good, but I overall felt so heavy, and not good. Thought I was going to have to walk back home or call Res to come pick me up. Res had only run a little bit since the Dr. told her to only run maybe 1 mile or 1.5 miles and not go and catch up with all the miles she hasn't run at once. Anyways, I got home and told Res how I felt. She then tells me, go read SBM's blog's for the day. It was I guess a relief that I wasn't the only one feeling that way, but it was not a good feeling overall to know that we had signed up for IMTX and we needed to get our rear in gear for December 1st, as it is the start of the training.

Coach M and other 3 folks from the team are off to IM Cozumel next week, so while they work out and do their IM we will probably be recovering from indulging on Thursday.

This weekend was good, rode and went for a track speed workout. After running on Thursday, I thought I was going to pass out today. To my surprise I did pretty well. Res actually did awesome too, being her first time back to running and doing some speed workout since before Austin. Now this week is time to get going, enjoy some turkey, give thanks. Speaking of which thanks are in order for a great year, for being together and being able to share these memories.

With that, Happy Thanksgiving y'all!

No comments :

Post a Comment